Pixel Raiders Super Alpha Prototype Build Ultra
This week I was meant to finish the Global Leaderboard for the HTML 5 demo but instead of doing that I continued working on the main version of Pixel Raiders.
In this latest version (Alpha 0.0.2.1) of the game I’ve added 3 new enemies, re-introduced the options menu, a new level system for all 7 stages and changed the resolution to widescreen.
The 3 new enemies are the Centipede, Waver and Block. The Centipede works similar to the classic enemy found in the old Atari game of the same name, the Waver wobbles about try to shoot the player and the Block allows other enemy types bounce off it. All these are still in place holder form as I’m not doing an art pass on the game until everything has been laid out.
The other changes made aren’t as interesting. The options menu allows to change the window size, volume and saves it all to an editable text file, just in case. The level system keeps track of all the levels are in game and widescreen gets rid of those annoying black bars.
Full list of changes can be found below.
Changes This Week
- Added Centipede enemy
- Added Waver enemy
- Added Block enemy
- Change the game aspect ratio from 4:3 to 16:9
- Level system now integrated
- Options menu now reintegrated with save feature
- Music and sound effects now controlled separately from the options menu
- Main Menu reintroduced with added mouse support
- All levels from stage 2 to 7 are in but only as place holders for the level system.
- Enemies added to stage 2
- Minor Bug Fixes
- UFO Transport drops two crates
- Pause menu not aligned
- Upgrade menu stretch (This should be regarded as a place holder for the time being)
- Boss can get stuck if rockets are fired to close to the edge of the level
- Centipede parts when separated have a second delay before changing direction
- Waver has a wee hiccup after hitting the edge of the level
- Piercing has issues (Will be removed from the game soon)
- Place holder levels let the wee people and donkey run wild
- Resolution only changes window size has no effect in fullscreen mode
Goals For Next Build
- Spider type enemy
- Worm type enemy
- Rocket type enemy
- Enemies in the greyed out section of the level don’t show up
- Donkey removed from later stages
- Global Leaderboard (HTML 5 Demo Only)